Thursday, March 27, 2008

Update on New York


I got an update on New York this week. They tell me I should know the status of my application the end of the first week in April. Although I would prefer to attend the Florence Academy of Art (FAA) in Italy I still hope to get into the Grand Central Academy of Art (GCA) in New York as well. The application deadline for Italy is the 1st of May. It has to be sent snail mail so I probably need to get it out the door soon. Right now I am narrowing down which drawings to include. Since I had a hard time narrowing down which drawings to use in the application to New York, which required 7 drawings and Italy only requires 5, I would love input on which drawings work best. I should have those drawings uploaded in the next couple of days. I have included in this post a couple of quick sketches out of my sketch book.



This sketch was taken from a picture of my niece who jumped on my back while we where rough-housing. She has a very unique and beautiful smile. I was very excited to capture it on paper.



I drew this from a plate taken from a famous drawing course by Charles Bargue in the 1840's. I drew this while attending dental assisting school for the Air National Guard at Shepphard Air Force Base TX.



This was a sketch from a photo taken of me riding a friend's horse. I am really happy with the proportions but need help with adding more value.


This is another drawing I copied from the Bargue Plates. It helped me further develop the ability to capture proportions and was one of the first drawings I added value to.
Value; n. what most people call shading

3 comments:

The Silverback said...

Every picture is beautiful! You are very talented. What a gift from Heavenly Father!! I wish that I knew more about art so that I could add constructive comments, but honestly, I know nothing, except that these are really beautiful. You'll end up where God needs you to be, so I say: Break a leg!!!

Wendy Lady said...

Your work is stunning. You have a gift!

Wendy Lady said...

Your work is stunning. You have such a precious gift.

Thanks for Looking!