Sunday, February 22, 2009

What Matters Most


Things are crazy and there isn't a whole lot of time. Family demands, church and school keep me and my family busy. As I think about this past school year, however, I feel like I have really been given the opportunity to recognize those things that are most important in life. Not to say I didn't realize it before, but I have internalized and come to understand that family and friends are everything. Going to Art School in NYC has been a huge sacrafice. We have had to give up a lot of monetary items. We are currently living with my wife's parents. Thanks to them this has all been possible, but it is difficult humbling ourselves to accept their help. I feel so greatful for an understanding of those things that matter most. I see a lot of people that are mis-directed. Before I came to art school I was pursuing Dentistry. There were courses that I absolutely loved, anatomy, biology, but then there were others, like chemistry that I hated with a passion. I found myself trying to make something work that I didn't believe in 100%. One of the things that helped push me towards art was the believe that I would be most successful doing what I love to do. Monetarily it may not be as rewarding as dentistry, but as I have come to accept that I have set my sites on greater goals. You can be happy, truly happy when you focus on what matters most.





4 comments:

REM! said...

Hey buddy I totally agree with you. I totally think that when you put the things that are most important first everything else falls into place. And everything for good. And just keep up the hard work. You are becoming so good so fast is scary MUAHAHAHA!!!

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Hey! Remember us--Jacob and Emilie Wright? Jacob decided to search for you guys on google and found your post. We think you are doing an amazing job. We totally see the progress from the sketches you showed as at Wyview a billion years ago! Wonderful job!

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Hey, Neal! Do you remember us--Jacob and Emilie Wright? Jacob got this idea to google you and Stephanie and found this blog. You are doing a wonderful job. We love your work. We can totally see the progress from the sketches you showed us at Wyview a million years ago. Keep up the good work and say "hi" to the fam for us!

Ariel Gulluni said...

I totally agree with you.
I'm in a similar situation, deciding to quit a well remunerated job for an artistic way of life.

DECIDE that the thing you enjoy most IS THE THING that do you like to do for a living is a great JUMP, but for sure, a jump that you didn't regret.

(ps: sorry for my poor English)

Thanks for Looking!