Friday, July 18, 2008

New York, Here we come!

I decided to open up a little this post. In a lot of ways I feel guided and nudged toward developing as an artist and pursuing a career as an artist, and yet I feel almost terrified of what I am about to do and what I have asked my family to do. We are selling almost everything we have, moving 2,200 miles across the country and going to school to learn how to draw, paint and sculpt-believing we can come out in the end with the skills and connections to make a living as an artist. Crazy... No, not me, well not entirely. I don't think so, at least.
Ok, I'll admit it-I am nervous about this transition. It's not my ability to develop as an artist that makes me nervous. I have a great work ethic and some artistic talent. I guess my nerves stem from the fact that there are a lot of unanswered questions. What am I going to do when we graduate? How are we going to pay for everything? What is it going to be like commuting everyday to New York? Does that make sense?

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

no lie, the commute will suck unless you love reading... but you have alot of talent and should do well.
you never know, maybe the school will have an opening to teach beginner art classes which you qualify to teach, and they happen to have free room and board in a top of the line manhattan apartment? maybe donald trump will fall in love with your work and decide to fully fund everything and put you up in one of his suites.
seriously, it will all work out and maybe not the way you'd planned, but it will work out.
good luck!

Katherine Ronachert said...

The Lord is directing your path. You pay your tithing. Trust Him. You'll be fine. The time will pass quickly and then you'll be on to the next adventure that life has to offer. Hila

Thanks for Looking!