Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to School Fall 2010

School kicked off this past Tuesday.  It's exciting to be back although I don't look forward to the commute.  Life requires sacrifices though to get what you want.  Here are some things I did this summer.

 


This is a still life I am working on.  I'm going to crop it differently once I transfer it to my canvas.  Composition wise it is really simple.  Old American flag with a WWII helmet in front.  





This is the portrait from the color figure painting workshop I took this summer with Douglas Flynt.  He was an incredible teacher.  I learned a ton.










I tried to sketch a lot this summer, especially out doors.  My girls wanted to be outside all the time.  I enjoyed these plant studies.



















I was working on a lot of studies this summer.  All of these hands were done from life, mine or my wife's.  I wanted to paint them and started to, but life got too busy.   












These were also all taken from life.  I enjoyed these quick sketches.

0 comments:

Thanks for Looking!